Steps (in order) to Automatically Update QuickClaim (OHIP billing software) with the new May 2020 SOB & the COVID19 Codes:
- Download the March SOB 2021 zip file
- Extract the MAYSOB2020 zip file
- Update Quickclaim with the extracted March SOB 2021 zip file
- Download the COVSOB2020.zip file (above)
- Extract the COVSOB2020 zip file
- Update Quickclaim with the extracted COVSOB2020 zip file (same process as above Update Quickclaim with the extracted March SOB 2021 zip file)
You can look up the codes in the the latest Schedule of Benefits SOB Document (PDF) [Download & Print]
Download Adobe Reader- free
Download Sumatra PDF – free
A note about billing K083A:
When you bill a service of A195A, after seeing the patient in your clinic, the grand total is $215.65*
To convert to K083A for a COVID19 service over the phone round $215.65 to the closest multiple of $5 which is $215. That means that the equivalent of a A195A at $215.65 is a K083A for $215.
However a single service of K083A is $5, then on the claim form you will bill 43 services of K083A ($5) for a total of $215.
*$ Amount used for A195A became effective April 1, 2020
A note about new OTN billing:
Doctors providing OTN services can continue to do so. Keep in mind that the OTN service codes were replaced effective April 1st with two new tracking codes. Bulletin 4750.
$0.00 Hosted video visit – patient attending at a patient host site
Synchronous video visits with a patient who is physically located and supported at a patient host site during the clinical encounter.
$0.00 Direct-to-Patient Video Visit
Synchronous video visits with a patient in the home or another location of their choice (i.e. the patient is not at a patient host site).