OTN – Telemedicine
How do physicians qualify for telemedicine?
To qualify physicians must sign and complete an “OHIP Telemedicine Physician Registration Form” to be registered as a telemedicine provider with the Ministry of Health and LongTerm Care.
How do I bill an OTN service?
First enter OTN in the SLI field.
The OTN Screening Service Codes (effective April 1, 2020):
$0.00 Hosted video visit – patient attending at a patient host site
Synchronous video visits with a patient who is physically located and supported at a patient host site during the clinical encounter.
$0.00 Direct-to-Patient Video Visit
Synchronous video visits with a patient in the home or another location of their choice (i.e. the patient is not at a patient host site).
The OTN codes that were effective PRIOR to April 1, 2020
- Premium Service Fee Codes that follow procedure service codes
- B100A: $35.00 First Telemedicine Patient Encounter premium (formerly OTN1)
- B200A: $15.00 Subsequent Telemedicine Patient Encounter premium (formerly OTN2)
- Premium Fee Service Codes that are billed on their own
- B101A: $35.00 First Cancelled/Missed Telemedicine Patient Encounter premium*
- B201A: $15.00 Subsequent Missed/Cancelled Telemedicine Patient Encounter premium*
- B102A: $35.00 First Technical Difficulties Abandoned Patient Encounter premium*
- B202A: $15.00 Subsequent Technical Difficulties Abandoned Patient Encounter premium*
* Services cannot be billed in addition to the premiums for a missed, cancelled, or abandoned session.
There are eleven Rejection codes applicable to telemedicine billings:
- ET1: Provider Not Registered for Telemedicine Program;
- ET4: Telemedicine Premium/Tracking Code Missing;
- ET5: Telemedicine SLI Code Missing or Invalid;
- TM1: Duplicate Telemedicine Claim for Same Patient;
- TM2: Service Not Billable for Missed/Cancelled/Abandoned Appointment;
- TM3: Service Not Payable Under Telemedicine Program;
- TM4: Non-Telemedicine Claim Already Paid for This Patient;
- TM5: Telemedicine Claim Already Paid for This Patient; and
- TM6: Telemedicine Registration Not in Effect on Service Date.
- TM7: Dental Services Not Payable Under Telemedicine Program;
- TM8: Provider Not Eligible for Store Forward Telemedicine Services